Friday, October 4, 2013

Top 7 Horror Remakes!!!

In keeping with various countdowns and Horror flicks this month I have come up with a Top 7 Horror Remakes list. Why Seven? Why not it's my blog and I could not decide on which one to knock off the list So here we Go....
#7 Friday The 13th
 
I really enjoyed the "reboot" of this series. I always like the Friday series but it had gotten really lame, and Honestly the one a lot of people hate Jason X was at least original, as far as jumping the shark (or Alien) goes, plus who did not want to see a supped up version of Jason? This one I think grounded the series once again, now we will see if any sequels help or ruin it...
 
#6 Texas Chainsaw Massacre
 
 
Always a big fan of the original, but this one made it brutal. And R. Lee Ermey as Sheriff Hoyt...Holy Shit!
 
 
#5 Evil Dead
 
One of my All Time Favorite flicks was Evil Dead. A lot of that had to do with Ash (Bruce Campbell) so when I heard they were remaking this I was kind of like Why? (my response to everything Hollywood remakes these days) But no one was trying to be Bruce Campbell in this darker remake, and it worked.
 
#4 Halloween
 
 
Again When I heard they were doing this the Why? question came up. Why fuck with the perfect horror flick? Well I have to hand it to Rob Zombie he did a great job on this one (I can say I was disappointed by part 2 but part one was kick ass) He takes us back to before the original even takes place and shows us how a kid becomes a monster. Then gives us the remake portion with Michael Myers as imposing as ever played by 6' 9" Tyler Mane.
 
 
#3 Dawn of The Dead
 
 
This one was a definite "reimagining" mainly because the Zombies ran after your screaming ass. They still end up in a mall and a bunch of them still get bitten, eaten or shot but a great remake non the less
 
 
#2 The Hills Have Eyes
 
 
I was a fan of the original, but I liked how this one took it a step further, and the makeup helped, instead of just odd inbred dirty hill people, they are truly fucked up looking. I really enjoyed this one.
 
 
#1 John Carpenter's The Thing
 
 
So this has been remade yet again in 2011, the original was made in 1951 and was called The thing from Another World by Howard Hawks (still a very good film)   But for my money, John Carpenter's version is hands down the best. Maybe some cool special effects in the 2011 version, but the 1982 classic holds up and is my favorite remake of all time
 

No comments:

Post a Comment