Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Top 5 Black and White horror Classics!!!

Alright I am keeping the heavyweights ou,t the no brainers Like Night Of the Living Dead and Psycho, so We can look at some others here and not repeat as many flicks as I have on other lists. I did want to mention some others that did not make the top 5 like Frankenstein, The Mummy, War Of The Worlds and Dracula's Daughter.
 
Anyway here are my favorites, the ones I remember as a kid that not so much scared me, but gave me that high tension..





#5 The Wolf Man
This one was a classic, the poor bastard knew he was a monster by the full moon but couldn't do jack shit about it.
 
 
#4 The Bride Of Frankenstein


I always enjoyed Frankenstein but this one I liked better, can't pinpoint it but I just did
 
#3 Dracula

 
 Most would say the classic or classics, and This one was always number one on my list for a long time, and of course still better than half the bullshit vampire crap out there today. But I do think the vampire overload has knocked it down a bit..For now!
 
#2 The Thing From Another World

I have mentioned John Carpenter's remake a couple of times this month, but even without the special effects this one was great, itgave you that claustrophobic feel and when the monster comes through on fire...Awesome scene.
 
#1 Spider Baby
Great Flick that I found by accident, being a fan of Rob Zombie's stuff I saw that Sid Haig was in this and Lon Chaney, so I decided to give it a shot and it is now one of my favorite Black and White flicks. It is a very quirky film but trust me if you have not seen it go out and get it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment